13 TIPS TO FAT LOSS SUCCESS
By Noelle Walker at New Fitness Personal Training
These 13 tips are yours to use toward your fitness goals. These are the very same strategies that all of my most successful clients follow when training with me with no pills, no shakes and no quick loss claims. Perhaps you have seen some of these tips or none at all but I promise you, if you implement these right away you will get the fat loss results you are after. So without further ado, I give you the 13 most sought after fat loss tips that will change your life forever. Read on to discover the fitness truth…
THE 13 TIPS TO FAT LOSS
Who among us can truly say that they are as lean and toned as they ever want to be? Most people, even fitness gurus, are in a constant fluctuation between their ideal body and a body that is not quite ideal. So how do we sway this struggle in our favour? Quite often the difference between the body that you have today and the body that you long for is made up of simple daily decisions…Read the following 13 tips to fat loss success..
1. A great way to burn off excess fat is to run or do a HIIT workout for as little as 10-20 minutes first thing in the morning. Performing a calorie burning activity right when you wake up is more effective because it sets you up for burning calories throughout the day and you don’t need to feel the pressure of having to “fit in” a workout or feel guilty because you are too tired at the end of the day to do one.
2. The average Venti sized Frappuccino weighs in at 530 calories, 21 grams of fat and 67 grams of sugar! This staggering number equals 2.5 bagels or one third of the recommended daily calories for an average woman. Beverages such as this should be consumed rarely since the extra calories they contain are readily stored as fat.
3. During your workouts do exercises that incorporate compound movements rather than simple ones.This will not only help in burning more calories, but will also tone more muscle at once! A few good compound movement exercises include: Squats, Clean and Press, Deadlifts, Bent Over Rows, and Lunges.
4. Want to effortlessly drop 30 pounds in one year? Millions of people drink an average of two regular soft drinks a day, which is a total of 300 calories. When you add these extra 300 calories up over a year, they result in over 30 pounds of weight gain! Say no to soft drinks,and say goodbye to your unwanted pounds!
5. Fat free foods, when eaten in excess, will still be stored as fat! Fat free cookies and crackers are made up of a whole lot of SUGAR! Yep,the secret is out! Sugar is just as fattening of a substance than fat itself, when eaten in excess.
6. Set fitness goals for yourself, write them down and post them where you will see them everyday. Your goal may be to lose 5 pounds or to lose 5 inches off your waist. Make sure that you are very specific with your goals, vague goals will get you nowhere. A qualified personal trainer can help you set your goals and guide you to them.
7. Pump some iron! Did you know that one pound of muscle burns 30-50 calories per day, while one pound of fat only burns about nine calories per day? The more muscle your body contains the more calories you burn each day. Resistance training has been called the fountain of youth– and it really is!
8. Eat a small meal and wait 20 minutes before deciding if you need more food. This will give your stomach and brain time to communicate. If you have eaten enough food, your brain will alert your body and you will find that you don’t desire anything more. If you are still hungry after this period, eat a small amount more and wait another 20 minutes.
9. Make a habit of weighing and measuring yourself monthly and tracking your gains and losses. This will prevent gradual weight gain from creeping up when you least expect it.
10. Drink a large glass of water before every meal. It may seem like a chore, but drinking a large glass of water before eating is a great way to partially fill you up and prevent you from overeating.
11. When lifting weights, try slowing down the speed at which you lower the weight.Lowering weight in a controlled manner will add strength and definition to your muscles and decrease the chance of an injury.
12. Eat complex carbohydrates instead of simple sugars for a leaner body. Your body is in constant need of carbohydrates to be converted into glucose and used as fuel.When your body has extra glucose it will be stored as fat for later use. Complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains, legumes, and vegetables, take longer to break down into glucose, and will therefore be less likely to be stored as fat than simple carbohydrates such as table sugar, jams, candies, etc.
13. Losing patience with exercise? The key to fat loss and fitness gains is to consistently give your body new challenges. Mix up your workouts every few weeks and don’t be afraid to try something new!
Take the time to incorporate these tips into your daily lifestyle, and you will be pleasantly surprised with your results! To gain the most from these tips I suggest that you hire an experienced personal trainer who can guide you all the way to your goals. Remember that healthy weight loss takes time, so be patient! Make an effort towards your goal.