16 WAYS TO ACHIEVE FITNESS GOAL SUCCESS
By Noelle Walker at New Fitness Personal Training
What a bold statement! There are ways to achieve your fitness goals and lose fat fast. Although I always stress that this takes time, there are ways to make this process go faster.
16 WAYS TO ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS FASTER
- Eat more protein. Increasing your protein will make you feel fuller quicker and longer.
- Replace all Bread, Pasta and other Carbs with Vegetables and Fruit.
- Weight train. Weight training increases your metabolism and enables you burn fat fast. You become a fat burning machine! No, really it’s true!
- Incorporate HIIT sessions into your weekly exercise routines. You only need twice per week but you can do it more often if you like it!
- Start running hills. There is nothing like running hills for fat burning. The reason being is it combines cardio with strength. It’s the motion of the uphill run. It will strengthen your legs and glutes and core. It will also burn calories due to the high cardio output.
- Only do compound, multi joint and even combination exercises. What am I talking about? Instead of doing Glute Kickbacks and Leg Extensions, do Squats and Deadlifts. These are multi joint(hits more than one joint like the knee and hip) and compound(hits more than one muscle group like the Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes, Calf, Back, etc) exercises. You can also do combination exercises like a Squat with a Shoulder Press. This burns even more.
- Eliminate all alcohol, sugar and processed foods. If it comes in a package, don’t eat it. Replace all drinks with water. And only eat foods that have natural sugars like fruit.
- Do not lower your calorie intake too low. This is important. What also is important is that you don’t cut out entire food groups like dairy(unless you are intolerant), fruit or essential fats. Your body won’t like this and thinks it’s going into starvation, there by storing all food in the fat stores. It’s basically storing all food as fat for later preparing for famine. Figure out what your resting metabolic rate is and your daily calorie burn and deduct that by 200 per day and at the same time focus on burning an extra 200 calories per day at the gym or running, etc . This will enable you to lose at least one pound per week.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep increases food cravings and makes you think you are hungry when in fact, you are just tired.
- Eat frequently. This has been proven time and time again that this can speed up your metabolism. Aim for 4-6 small meals.
- Stop snacking at nightime. This is mostly due to the fact that you are tired. It’s fine if your snack is healthy and is only about 150-200 calories but the problem with snacking at night is people usually don’t go for the healthy option. Instead they choose chips, cookies and any other unhealthy snack lying around.
- Empty all your cupboards of processed snacks and treats. If you don’t have them in the house, you can’t eat them!
- Park further away from the entrance of whatever building you are going into, maybe on your way to work or the grocery store, etc. This way you get more walking in and walking burns calories.
- Add hot spices to your Dinner. They speed up your metabolism!
- Make your workouts so that there is little to no rest in between exercises. This will burn calories and burn fat faster.
- And finally if you have been doing the same workout for a while, switch it up. You can change it by using the FITT Principle. Change your workout by Frequency(how many times per week you are working out), Intensity(how hard the workout is), Time(how long the workout is) or Type(changing the workout altogether)
So there you have it! There are more ways than that of how to achieve your fitness goals faster and lose fat fast. Perhaps I will write a part two on this subject. Always remember though that you should never starve yourself to lose fat. Try and focus on the positive. Try to enjoy the process and celebrate the small successes such as feeling better, having more energy, changing your lifestyle habits, etc. Good luck. You can do this!